Fraternal Order of Police Endorses
I was genuinely honored to be endorsed by the Michigan Fraternal Order of Police in my campaign for Attorney General, along with being awarded the Michigan Fraternal Order of Police ‘Legislator of the Year’.
Law enforcement is a bedrock of our communities, keeping us safe and removing criminals from the streets. Their courage, sacrifice, professionalism, and skill are worthy of praise and constant support. I said at the endorsement event, “To know that all of you are behind me and trust me to lead as Michigan’s chief legal officer fills me with admiration, humility, and hope.” As Attorney General, I will stand with law enforcement and law-abiding citizens to keep our families and communities safe.
My record of supporting law enforcement and justice for crime victims includes:
- Passing a senior protection package that cracks down on elder abuse and gives law enforcement better tools to protect our loved ones.
- Introducing and having signed into law a Blue Alert system which provides a public broadcast message to assist law enforcement in locating a suspect believed to be responsible for the death or serious injury to a law enforcement officer.
- Expanding efforts to find and punish criminals by collecting all prisoners’ DNA in order to solve more crimes and cold cases.
- Providing more assistance to victims.
- Working to combat the drug addiction epidemic and human trafficking.
- Enacting reforms to prevent Super Drunk drivers from gaming the vehicle ignition breathalyzer.
- Being awarded ‘Legislator of the Year’ from the Michigan Fraternal Order of Police, Chiefs of Police, Sheriffs’, First Responders and Probate Judges.
I look forward to serving as Michigan’s next Attorney General, to work closely with law enforcement, defend our values, combat the drug addiction epidemic, and crack down on auto insurance fraud.
The Fraternal Order of Police, our nation’s largest police organization, is highly respected and has a history of propelling candidates to victory. The last time the Attorney General’s race was open, they endorsed our Republican nominee before the Convention, and they endorsed Donald Trump in 2016. Together, we can win and serve the people of Michigan by protecting what is important.